Tuesday, January 26, 2010

100 Googly Eyes

This week Blake is hitting his 100th day of school. As part of this he had to collect 100 of something. He came up with some cute ideas and he didn't like any of mine, but that's ok it's his project. What he really wanted to do was a monster with 100 googly eyes. I was so excited to do this and when I asked Blake if he was excited he told me,"Not really, 100 eyes is not going to be fast."

Last night at family night Grandma Shelly gave Blake 70 eyes and then we went to the store and bought the rest. Blake then started getting worried and told me I don't think my teacher will like it. When I asked why he said,"Because monsters are scary, she might get scared."This morning he woke me up and wanted to do his monster with googly eyes.

Blake drew and colored his monster and then started gluing eyes everywhere.

When it was done I don't know if we had 100 eyes on our monster, but it was close. We counted them out before, but with kids things get mixed up or some fell off.

Blake and his monster. I am so proud of him he did such a great job! His project isn't due until Thursday, but he was so excited he took it to school today.

5 comments:

Kerr Family said...

I love the idea for the googly eyes. Hunter had to come up with something and I gave him 100 pieces of macaroni. Not as fun. Hunter had to make a project at school though, not at home. I Love the 100 eye monster, very clever.

Kristen said...

Brynn's 100th day is Feb 10 and we just got the Collect 100 of something assignment today. I love the eye idea. Very creative.

The Moss' said...

BLAKE DID AWESOME!!! I am very impressed :) It turned out super scary Blake, I hope your teacher didn't get scared!

Alicia said...

hey rauch fam! what a small world. jennie and i were roommates at BYU. we roomed when she and Dave met and married. I love Dave! fun to have found your blog as well. glad we can keep in touch. you have a darling family and hopefully one of these days i get to meet julie!
love, alicia

Leah said...

Kalea's 100th day is tomorrow, and she's been counting down for the last week. She had the same project to do, and she used 100 marshmallows to make an igloo, and then colored snowflakes and a penguin around it. I have to say, though, that Blake's idea ROCKED. I can't even believe he thought of that himself. What a "boy" thing to do!