Thursday, October 6, 2011

Day 2 in Hawaii

 After a long travel day yesterday we made it to Hawaii. We are staying with Rich's sister Stacy and her husband Scott in their time share. It is really nice two bedroom/bath apartment with lots to do on the property. Today we slept in, then headed down to the resorts lagoon, which has sea turtles! I was so excited to see the turtles.

This turtle came right up to the shore and I was able to get a picture right next to it. Later when I was snorkeling another turtle swam right in front of me. It scared me to death because I didn't see it coming. Such a cool day!

The resort also has an area with dolphins. They were so much fun to watch, there was even a baby dolphin that was so cute. You could pay lots of money to touch the dolphin, but after seeing the little interaction you got when you paid to swim with them I was content to just watch them from afar. We also went to the resorts enormous pools with water falls, and spas after the lagoon. I don't have any pictures of the pool area, but it was beautiful. We had a very relaxing day today.

No comments: